STRATEGIC CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
The Strategic Corporate Governance Course is a two-day course covering the principles, importance, and benefits of modern corporate governance. It also discusses regulatory updates, best practices and emerging risks and trends in corporate governance. Duties and responsibilities of the Committees of the Board are also addressed.
Benefits of attending this training
At the end of the program, participants are expected to:
- Understand the principles, importance, and benefits of Corporate Governance;
- Identify the role and key functions of directors and the Board;
- Discuss best practices internationally and understand their requirements;
- Understand the duties, responsibilities and best practices of the risk oversight, audit and corporate governance committees
- Take steps to promote a governance culture stressing ethics and social responsibilities within the company
Who should attend?
This course is designed Board members, members of the board committees, and audit, risk management and compliance professionals. This course will benefit senior management and executives, Enterprise Risk Managers, PMO Managers, Risk And Quality Control Managers, Senior Audit Managers, Risk Officers, Product Control Managers, Compliance Managers, Value Managers, Business Strategy Managers and Managers addressing the complex external and internal influences of businesses that need to ensure a balance between governance, risk management and compliance.
- Leadership and direction by the Board
- Structures and processes for the direction and control of companies.
- Relationships among the management, board and stakeholders.
- Sustainable economic development and enhanced performance.
- ISO 37000: 2021 – Governance of organizations
- Examining the UK Corporate Governance Code 2018
- Objectives of King IV
- King IV definition of governance
- Underpinning philosophies of King IV
- Application – appropriate application of King IV
- Role of the Governing Body
- Composition of the governing body
- Committees of the governing body
- Delegation to management
- Performance evaluations
- The Audit Committee
- The Remuneration Committee
- The Social and Ethics Committee
- The Risk Committee
- The role of leadership in governing ethics performance
- Ethics governance structures
- Aspects of effective ethics management
- Ethics risk assessment
- Ethics strategy
- Codes and policies
- Internal and external ethics reporting
- Being ethical “when nobody is looking
- Risk governance model
- Effective Risk Committees
- Risk governance drivers
- Risk appetite and strategy
- Risk Culture
- Principles of Effective Board Risk Oversight
- Integrated reporting framework
- Guiding principles
- Content elements
- Key considerations
- Corporate Citizenship
- Organization Values, ethics and Culture
- Responsible corporate citizenship
- Sustainability reporting
- Beyond Covid- doing business in the new normal.
- Board performance – what mix of skills, knowledge and experience is required?
- Digital oversight – what emerging technologies should the board take note of?
- Governance of risk- how does the board exercise risk oversight?
- Shareholder engagement – what shareholder interaction is required?
- Strategy- how does the board exercise oversight over strategy execution?
- Ethics- the role of ethical leadership for business survival.
- The talent agenda – Millennials in employment: Engaging & developing your workforce?